Commitments to action Food Producers’ Declaration for the UN Food Systems Summit International Pole and Line Foundation (IPNLF); Intercontinental Network of Organic Farmers Organisations (INOFO);
Commitments to action
Realization of Sustainability in the Sectors of Agriculture and Food Consumption
Oisix ra Daichi Inc.
- Toward the realization of “Shift to Sustainable Consumption Pattern,”
- Upstream (Farm): Via promotion of sales of upcycle food products and/or non-standard products fresh produce, and by propositioning new values, we help advance food loss reduction at the farm.
- Midstream (Distribution): Relative to a food loss ratio of 5% at typical retailers, we at Oisix ra Daichi have achieved 0.2% and are working
to reduce that further to 0%.
- Downstream (Households): By expanding sales of KitOisix, which reduces household food loss to a third, we advance food loss reduction
at the household level.
- Toward the realization of “Boost Nature-Positive Production,”
- As a pioneer in home delivery of organic food products, concomitant with our own business expansion, we advance the production/distribution expansion of organic produce.
- As regards agricultural production, we aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025 (vs. FY2020).
- By 2025, we look to replace over 50% of all of our packaging materials with environmentally friendly materials.
- Toward the realization of “Ensure Access to Safe and Nutritious Food for All,”
- Via “WeSupport,” a platform for charitable food support, we promote the simultaneous resolution of 1) food challenges faced by low-income, often single parent, households; as well as, 2) food loss at the corporate level.