Commitments to action Food Producers’ Declaration for the UN Food Systems Summit International Pole and Line Foundation (IPNLF); Intercontinental Network of Organic Farmers Organisations (INOFO);
Commitments to action
Protein PACT for the People, Animals and Climate of Tomorrow
North American Meat Institute, Animal Agriculture Alliance, Beef Alliance, Dairy Management Inc, Elanco, IFeeder, National Corn Growers Association, National Pork Board, National Pork Producers Council, North American Meat Institute, United Soybean Board, US Meat Export Federation, US Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
The North American Meat Institute and partners across the animal protein supply chain are uniting through the Protein PACT for People, Animals and the Climate of Tomorrow, bringing together commitments from farmers, ranchers, packers, and processors across all elements of sustainability – environmental, social, and economic.
Protein PACT partners are working to establish transparent baselines and benchmarks, set ambitious targets for continuous improvement to align with global goals, and communicate efforts proactively and transparently.
Alongside the launch of the Protein PACT, the North American Meat Institute released and solicited public comment on its draft sustainability framework encompassing 100 individual metrics in five focus areas:
- Optimizing contributions to healthy land, water, and air
- Providing the most humane care and raising healthy animals
- Supporting a diverse workforce and ensuring safe workplaces
- Producing safe products without exception
- Providing a wide variety of high-quality protein for balanced diets
Commitments from other Protein PACT partners include:
- The U.S. dairy industry has committed to be carbon neutral or better by 2050, further building on U.S. dairy’s achievements reducing dairy farm greenhouse gas emissions that are already the lowest in the world.
- The U.S. Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (USRSB) is a multi-stakeholder initiative developed to advance, support and communicate continuous improvement to ensure the U.S. beef value chain is the trusted global leader in environmentally sound, socially responsible and economically viable beef.
- Developed by pig farmers and operated by the National Pork Board, the National Pork Producers Council and the state organizations representing pig farmers, the We Care Commitment puts sustainability and continuous improvement at the core of delivering the safest, highest quality pork supply in the world.
- The U.S. animal feed industry is committed to optimizing the use of energy and natural resources, innovating to enhance the precision of animal nutrition programs, providing consumers and policymakers better understanding and appreciation of food production, and supporting local communities.
- U.S. corn farmers are committed to continuous improvement in the production of corn, a versatile crop providing abundant high-quality food, feed, renewable energy, biobased products, and ecosystem services, including through continued advances and efficiencies in land, water, and energy use.
- U.S. soybean farmers’ commitment to sustainable farming practices protects valuable environmental resources, helping growers to meet the needs of the present while also preserving and protecting the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Nourish All People
Sustainable, Livestock, Climate
Commitments to action Healthy Diets from Sustainable Food Systems for Children and all Coalition EAT, GAIN, EAT, WWF, WHO, UNICEF, FAO, WFP, UNEP, Sweden, Denmark,